Information Management for the Intelligent Organization
The Art of Scanning the Environment
A book by Chun Wei Choo in the ASIS Monograph Series, published by Information Today/Learned Information (Medford, New Jersey) for the American Society for Information Science.
A second edition of the book is now available. There is a completely new chapter, "Weaving a Web of Online Intelligence," and there are discussions of research that appeared in 1996 and 1997.
2nd edition published July 1998
272 pages, hardbound
$31.60 (ASIS members)
Order the book from the book's page at:
- Information Today Inc. Information Today may also be reached at 609 654 4309 (fax) or 609 654 6466 (telephone)
- the ASIS online bookstore
- Chapters.com (Canada)
- the book's page at Amazon.com.
- Workshop on Environmental Scanning in Singapore March 23, 1998, using material drawn from the book.
- A selection of Figures and Tables from the book used in the invited paper presented at the 1995 Digital Libraries Conference.
- TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Chapter 1: The Intelligent Organization
- Chapter 2: A Process Model of Information Management
- Chapter 3: Managers as Information Users
- Chapter 4: Environmental Scanning as Strategic Organizational Learning
- Chapter 5: Environmental Scanning in Action
- Chapter 6: Managing Information Sources
- Chapter 7: Weaving A Web of Online Intelligence
- Chapter 8: Learning to be Intelligent