Organizational Learning and Cognition
A selection of web-based resources on organizational learning, organizational cognition, information management, knowledge management, environment scanning, and scenario planning.
The assistance of Nalini Singh, Information Services Librarian of the FIS Inforum, in maintaining this page is gratefully acknowledged.
Presentations and Workshops
A selection of Powerpoint presentations used in recent talks:
- The Art of Scanning the Environment, presented at Communication for the Future Conference, organized by the Directorate for Communication and Public Management, Sep 4, 2001, Oslo, Norway.
- Working With Knowledge, presented at CONSAL 2000, Congress of Southeast Asian Librarians, April 26-28, 2000, Singapore.
- Human Information Behavior, presented at the Behavioral Finance Conference organized by Deutsche Bank AG, Sep 30, 1999, Frankfurt.
- Human Information Seeking presented at the Politics and Internet Conference, Jan 6 - 9, 1999, Helsinki.
- The Knowing Organization presented at the Wittenburg Castle Conference hosted by KPMG and Nolan Norton (Netherlands), June 10, 1998. Nolan Norton Institute published a White Paper "Putting the Knowing Organization to Value" based on the discussions at the conference. A PDF version may be downloaded. [local cache]
A similar presentation was made at the seminar on knowledge management organized by INETI in Lisbon, June 18, 1998.
- Intranet Design Framework, presented at the Intranet Workshop hosted by Nolan Norton and KPMG (Amsterdam), July 1, 1998.
A selection of web pages created for recent workshops:
- Knowledge Management Seminar presented at the Institute of Systems Science, National University of Singapore, March 17-18, 1998.
- Knowledge Management Workshop presented at the Digital Libraries Asia Conference, March 20, 1998.
- Environment Scanning Workshop presented at the National Computer Board of Singapore, March 23, 1998. Parts of this workshop were also presented at the INVA Research Seminar on Environment Scanning hosted by the University of Tampere and the University of Helsinki, June 3-5, 1998.
Recommended Web Sites
- Academy of Management Online
- Age of Heretics: Art Kleiner's home page
- American Productivity & Quality Center: Knowledge Management Page
- Accenture's Outlook Magazine
- Brint's Page on KM and Organizational Learning
- Business Transformation Book Cafe (Vision Nest Publishing)
- Charles S. Peirce (1839-1914)
- Collaborative Strategies, consultant with many resources and publications online
- CIO Magazine: Knowledge Management Research Center
- David Skyrme Associates' Knowledge Connections
- Delphi Group: Resources on Knowledge Management
- Ernst & Young Knowledge Centers
- The Fifth Discipline Fieldbook
- International Knowledge Management Network (Netherlands)
- Journal of Memetics - Evolutionary Models of Information Transmission
- Karl Sveiby's Knowledge Management Site
- Knowledge Research Institute, led by Karl Wiig
- KNOW Network,
- Knowledge Management Resources, from Melcrum Online
- Knowledge Management Resource Center
- Knowledge Management Magazine, from Learned Information in the UK
- Knowledge Management Magazine, (US magazine, first issue October 1998)
- KM World Magazine
- Knowledge Ecology Fair 98
- Knowledge Inc
- Knowledge Management Forum
- Knowledge Media Design Institute, University of Toronto
- Knowledge Media Institute, Open University (UK)
- KPMG Knowledge Management
- International Conference on Organizational Learning, see also associated set of links and resources
- Learning Histories (Reflection Learning Associates)
- Learning Organization Discussion Pages (Rick Karash)
- The Official Intellectual Capital Home Page
- MIS Quarterly Central
- Santa Fe Institute Research Update
- Society for Organizational Learning (SOL)
- Simon Buckingham Shum's Home Page
- Strategy & Business Quarterly, from Booz Allen & Hamilton
- Skandia Intellectual Capital Links
- Skandia's Dolphin Navigator System
- Tavistock Institute
- The Thinking Page
- COGNET: Academy of Management Managerial and Organizational Cognition mailing list
- George Mason University: Progam on Social and Organizational Learning
- McMaster University: World Congress on the Management of Intellectual Capital
- University of Colorada at Denver, School of Education: Martin Ryder's resources on Organizational Learning and KM
- University of Colorado at Boulder: Kai Larsen's Learning Organization Resources
- Larsen's Summary of "On Organizational Learning" by Chris Argyris
- University of Amsterdam's PrimaVera Program
- London Business School: Centre for Research in Info Mgm
- University of Maryland's Robert H. Smith School of Business faculty page
- Prof. Rhonda Reger's Doctoral Seminar on Cognition in Strategic Management
- University of Stanford: Stanford Learning Organization Web (SLOW)
- University of Toronto, Faculty of Information Studies: Knowledge Management Initiatives
- Scenario Planning Resources, maintained by Martin Borjesson
- The Shell Scenarios: Storying Corporate Futures
- Scenarios, Strategies and the Strategy Process, by Kees van der Heijden
- NCRI Home Page
- Global Business Network Home Page
Please send me mail about resources to be added to the list.
last updated October 4, 2001